BEYOND BALANCE CLASS
- Increase strength and flexibility
- Improve dynamic balance
- Build endurance and enhance energy levels
- Challenge your memory
- Improve posture
- Learn how to exercise safely, move better and have fun while doing it!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO FEEL:
- Clear minded
WHEN IS CLASS OFFERED:
Currently Beyond Balance will take place on Mondays in January at 11am
HOW MUCH DOES THE CLASS COST:
One hour long class is $20
HOW TO JOIN A CLASS!
See below for detailed instructions on how to access Zoom:
- Click the link on our website or that is emailed to you
- On the top of your screen a box will pop up -“open zoom.us”
- Simply click open the pop up box zoom.us
- Video will open and click the blue box on the bottom left: “join video”
- Next, click the blue button also bottom left of screen: “join with audio”
- Sit back and relax!
Do I need equipment?
You will need simple things around the house such as: sturdy countertop or chair with armrests, soft ball or small pillow, light free weights or elastic tubing optional.
How long is the class?
Class will be 1 hour including time at the end for Q & A for and feedback. You can also log onto class up to 15 minutes before for trouble shooting with your computer or set up.
What device should I take class on?
A laptop is preferred so that the camera angle can be adjusted, however an Ipad/tablet or phone that supports Zoom will work.
What types of exercises can I expect to perform?
Class will typically begin with a seated warm up. Exercises can expect to be performed in sitting and standing. Exercises will focus on upper and lower body strengthening, improving flexibility, core and postural stabilization and strengthening, endurance, static and dynamic balance, and functional movements.
Who is this class appropriate for?
This class was designed for individuals 65 and older. This class is for anyone who wants a safe way to exercise through a therapeutic lens to prevent injury.